Additions & Changes
- August 2012
- Finally, an update after another of those hiatuses.
This one will take a while to recover from. It wasn't anything dramatic or
disastrous, just taking a break from the hobby, buying kits but not doing
anything with them, and just doing little bits and pieces of work with the
ones I have. Nothing got finished in 2011, though a lot got worked on.
- September, 2010
- There've been a batch of new kits arriving over the
past months: I found an R2-D2 kit for a reasonable price so I finally added
that to my collection. Other adds are a George Pal
Time Machine by
Reshape, 1/1000 resin Reliant, Galactica's "Zephyr,"
Mk.II Viper, the 2001
Moonbus re-issue, a
conversion for the ERTL Galor, the
and some Macross re-issues or re-tools - Wave's VF-1J Fighter and VF-1S
Battroid, Destroid Tomahawk, VF-1A variable. I swapped in the new Fine Molds
and x-wing kits to
replace the old MPC releases. Real world: added an Avro Vulcan and B-58.
- 9 March, 2010
- Added a page for the Polar Lights 1/1000
- 26 September, 2009
- Updated the gallery pages for the
Class of 2009 models VF-1A Battroid, NX-01
shuttlepod, TNG concept shuttle, and ST Sanger. There are updates to the
Detailing with Pastels page
in Sprue U and galleries for the
- 25 September, 2009
- Added a
crazy page about
how one (that is, me) gets the paint out of a spray can so I use it for
airbrushing. There are galleries
on the pages for LXG
II and a page for the Class of 2009 models.
- 7 September, 2009
- Added updates to
- 1 September, 2009
- Would you believe I've finished 8 kits so far this year? One a month?!
Indeed - Romulan Warbird and
Alien derelict pilot,
TNG "Soapbar" shuttle,
S�nger Space Transport, and... and... (this is like thinking of the 7th Dwarf), oh
yeah, a 1/200 "Pitaban"
VF-1A Valkyrie Battroid. Here's the
Class of 2009 so far. OK, for most of
them, they'd been mostly, almost done for too long a long time. (pictures
the shop... Moebeius' Flying Sub, Iron Man mk.III, an old MPC C-3PO kit
(thanks, G-Man!), "Acclamator" class Clone Transport.
- 20 March, 2009
- Sometime over the last year and a half (!) several
models made their way into my shop. Most recently, the
Galactica showed up.
- 29 November, 2007
- Sometime over the last several months some models
strongly resembling a
Mk 7 Viper and a
their way into my workshop.
- 7-9 March, 2007
- Added an assemblog & gallery for the
- 6 March, 2007
- Updated the assemblog and gallery for the
- 21 February, 2007
- Added the SW Episode 1
STAP & Battledroid to the
- 23 July,2006
- Added the Crusher Joe
Harpy to the
- 21 July, 2006
- New in the shop - the
Fine Molds Boba Fett
Slave 1, Norway Class
ships. And that brings my kit count to 300.
- 17 July,2006
- Added the Yamato series'
EDF Cruiser to the Gallery.
- 11 July, 2006
- New in the shop -
& Ferengi Pod. Added
a Sprue-U page on adding registration pins
to resin pieces for assembly.
- 24 January, 2006
- The Howlin' wolf Cylon Basestar arrived.
- 11 January, 2006
- "Someday" finally arrived; more photos are in the
- 8 January, 2006
- The Fine Molds Millennium Falcon and X-wing w/ brass
3PO arrived in the past week. Well, really they arrived the week before, but
that was while I gone for the holidaze.
- 4 January, 2006
- Added the Nausica� / O-mu diorama to the
Gallery. And came back
from Christmas vacation with wa-a-ay too many new kits: Batman Begins
Batmobile; Musai; TIE Bomber; Death Egg; Project: Mercury; Corp Alliance
Droid; Andromeda; and a handful more.
- 19 December, 2005
- Happy Birthday, mom! Tweaked the home page design to
show off what's new & what's going on at the 'bench. Added the Nausica�
Gunship to the Gallery. And yes, I've been doing lots of kit
work, just not writing about it.
- 8 May, 2005
- Added the fake stealth, Lockheed F-19 Spectre, to the
- 25 April, 2005
- Added the Dark Nebula Empire Tripod Tank to the Gallery.
- 18 April, 2005
- Added Harlock's Bf109g6 as shown in My Youth in
Arcadia to the Gallery. This represents
the "Tochiro-on-board" aircraft flown by the WW2-era Harlock in
- 23 January, 2005
- Added Jem'Hadar attack ship to the
- 10 May, 2004
- Updated the Slave 1 kit data pages -
- 4 May, 2004
- Fine Molds' Slave 1
from Attack of the Clones is in.
- 30 April, 2004
- The Jedi Starfighter model is off the 'bench and in the
Added Polar Lights'
Enterprise NX-01 to the Workbench.
- 12 March, 2004
- Just got the Planet Express
ship from Futurama.
- 10 March, 2004
- Completed updates to the look over past couple weeks;
added decaling section to Sprue University;
added new images for Excelsior, Nebula, Klingon Raptor, and image link for NX
class to Trek Modeler's Reference Guide
Also, go back to the home page, scroll down and visit the
- 19 February, 2004
- The Look. I figured after 5 or so years, it's time for a new look & graphics
on these pages.
- 18 February, 2004
- Build notes added to Starfury and C57D pages; see links on the Workbench
- 14 February, 2004
- The new Workbench
page shows what I'm actively working on. The
kit list is gradually being built out with kit data, mini-reviews, and
build notes for the kits. Sprue U has new
pages on using Metallizer lacquers (in 200-level) and scratchbuilding
(300-level). Finally, I've joined the "Star Trek Scale Modeling Ring."
- 6 February, 2004
- Added the list of all the kits
I have, with links to kit data and (eventually) build-logs of each. Yeah,
that'll leave me lots of time to work on kits.
- 4 February, 2004
- Added photos of Star Wars A-wing fighter to the Gallery.
It's been finished for years, just forgot to post it.
- 30 January 2004
- I'm back!! Added
Surprise in the Bering Sea & Lensman
Picronia to the Gallery.
- 11 January, 2003
- Added reference image to
Ferengi section and Shuttlecrafts
for TNG (Type 6) and
started a Delta Flyer section on the
Voyager shuttles page.
- 31 December, 2002
- Ring out the old year with updates to several pages in
- 9 April, 2002
- That long since an update ??! Eef! Wish I could say I've been busy working
on new models. Anyway, there is a minor update to the Arcadia
page with news about kit re-issues, and a new page for virtual
starships - homebrew designs or other work based on existing Trek
- 31 January, 2001
- Unveiled the first installment of Sprue
University, and moved the How-to pages into Sprue U.
- 23 January, 2001
- Cleaned out the cobwebs in the Links page.
- 9 January, 2001
- Updates happened to the Constitution,
Defiant, and Galaxy
- 16 August, 2000
- At long last... updates begin again on the TMG! In this batch, Intrepid,
Jem Hadar, Vor'cha,
Borg, get additions. Galaxy
gets one, too.
- 29 November, 1999
- Construction begins on the new & improved Batcave in the
basement of my house. Also, a while back, took double top-honors in You Can't Do That on Star Trek's
- 29 September, 1999
- Updated the Arcadia
page in the Gallery, adding schematics of the ship. The model shop is still packed up
after the move. Maybe next month...
- 26 August, 1999
- There's nothing new on the modeling front, and here's the reason.
And yes, I
did manage to finish "hatching" the Ent.D before packing up the shop for the
- 12 May, 1999
- Added images to the Klingons & Sovereign pages; linked Robert Klaus' Romulan BoP article.
Added a few things to the Gallery
Glued down Enterprise-D lifeboat hatch #216 last night - halfway done!!
- 5 May, 1999
- Re-vamped the Shuttlecrafts
page; added images of Voyager's
Oh... and I wrote a little song last weekend while at work replacing the lifeboats on the
Enterprise-D. It goes to the tune of "100 bottles of beer"...
432 'boats on the 'D'
You cut one from strip
& glue't to the ship
431 'boats on the 'D.'
and so on
45 down, 387 lifeboats to go
- 5 April, 1999
- Added a few shots to the Maquis and Cardassian pages, plus have begun
adding information about kit availability - especially garage kits.
Added Zentradi Space Armor and B-Wing Fighter to the Gallery.
- 18 March, 1999
- Added a few new shots to the Sovereign
page and TNG Shuttlecrafts
- 4 January, 1999
- Happy New Year! Only 8 months, 9 days until the moon blasts out of orbit.
Added images of the small craft from ST:Insurrention to the TNG
- Older changes have been removed.